Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Restaurant Week 2014: Stellar @ 1-Altitude

The second Restaurant Week 2014 returned in October and so glad that I've managed to secure a decent booking as the priority booking was out at 12mn. I remembered there wasn't a clear indication of the exact start time for booking for the previous one in March. Camped by the laptop and made reservations for Stellar!

The reason why I picked this was because of the view and it was a restaurant that I've been wanting to try. On top of that, it seems like a nice restaurant for us to celebrate our 2nd anniversary (we are 2!)



Complimentary from the chef. It's like strawberry jam. 



I requested for a window seat, mentioning that it was our anniversary but unfortunately, window seats are all reserved for non-Restaurant Week diners.


My Tuna Tataki Salad with cherry tomatoes, wild rice and pickled cucumber. Pickled cucumber gives the dish a refreshing taste.


His sesame crusted foie gras, black radish, smokey eggplant. I don't eat foie gras so I can't tell you how nice it it. But A loves it.



 Main course: his poached halibut with asparagus, roast vine tomatoes, morel beurre blanc. Had a bite of the fish and I love it.


My pickled Wagyu beef cheek with autumn forest mushroom, 'agro dolce' red cabbage cepe powder. I only realized it was beef cheeks when the dish arrived.  It's succulent, soft and tender. I don't really like eating fats (or anything that feels like fats) and so, I had to get used to the texture before I really enjoyed my main course. There were 3 pieces and I thought it was such a small serving that I would be hungry after I finish it but I was wrong. It was actually very filling!


Our desserts came with a surprise! I mentioned earlier that I had written that it was our anniversary and the staff gave us a mini surprise with this! Very thoughtful of them to do this :) Our waitress wished us a happy anniversary and even took the initiative to help us take a picture.


His Valrhona Cocoa Beet Bang. So crispy and sweet! Me love it so much that I am willing to pay for a second serving.


My Smokey Cigar which was lapsang souchang tea infused dark chocolat. The white powder tasted like tea. Contrasting taste of tea and chocolate (Y)

Since we were there already, we simply can't pass up on the chance to visit the bar one level up. It was my first time there as well.




Singapore is really beautiful at night, isn't she?

Overall it was really a nice dining experience at Stellar, especially with the attentive staff taking care of our needs and the extra touch in making our anniversary dinner a memorable one.

Stellar @ 1-Altitude
1 Raffles Place, Level 62
Singapore 048616

No comments:

Post a Comment